2. Information Lanikai Labs CollectsWe collect the following personal and device information when visiting our Site or using our Product:Personal & Account InformationInformation you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number, the location of each device, and the number of people in your home.Information necessary to complete a purchase from our Site, including your name, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and other information necessary to complete your transaction, as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us when making a purchase.Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.Device InformationAudio and video may be collected through end user devices. Device Information, such as model and serial number, the device’s network information (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location if you activate automatic mode switching.
3. How Lanikai Labs Uses Your InformationWe collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:Provide you user services and improve the Lanikai Labs Product functionality and user experience.Administer your account and back-up your data.Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
4. Choices You Have to Limit Information Collection
Location Services Some features of our app use location-based data. If you allow these services, we will use information about the Wi-Fi routers and cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to facilitate the device’s automatic mode switching, for customer support related to our Products, and to provide you with local emergency service contact information. You may disable location services within your phone’s settings menu.Video & Audio You may configure your device from within the mobile application to capture video and audio of your location within the camera’s range and provide you with notifications. You can set your device to different modes from within the mobile app menu. Each mode determines when your device records audio and video and when you receive notifications and can be customized depending on your settings. You may enable privacy mode or disable recording from within the app menu to prevent the recording of video and audio through the device. In privacy mode, the watch live video feature and event notifications are disabled and the camera and microphone are turned off.
5. How Lanikai Labs Shares Your InformationWe will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or email address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary Services or to operate your device. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.Specifically, we may share this information as follows:Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytics providers).In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.Anonymized InformationWe may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.Information We Share With Your ConsentWe may share personally identifiable information with third parties provided we receive your consent to share that information. We never share your audio or video information with any third party for business or marketing purposes.Information Obtained from Third PartiesIf you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
6. Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics
Cookies, Tracking and Ads We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, such as your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you visit; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.We may use technologies to understand how many household members access your device(s) at your location or access features within the app. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how your devices are used and to provide content and features that are of interest to you.
7. Email & SMS CommunicationsYou may choose to submit your email address through a submission form located on our Site to sign up for communications from Lanikai Labs. Lanikai Labs does not share your email address or phone number with spammers or any other non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission. You may opt out of receiving newsletter or marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Security of Your InformationThe security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Products can contact us at email@example.com